SAVIN Analyst Intern – Temporary
Information Technology Department
Salary: $10-$15 per hour
Closing Date: November 6, 2013
Position Number: 112-00028128
Requisition Number: 2919878
Status: Part-time, Temporary, no paid benefits (potential to work 25 hours)
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: October 23, 2013
Minimum Qualifications:Must be enrolled or completed a four year degree program in Business, Criminal Justice, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Social and Behavioral Sciences or a closely related field.
Applicants are screened based on qualifications, successful completion of the interview process and a background and criminal investigation. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The Information Technology Department regrets it does not provide Sponsorships today.
Submit the documents listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org or Information Technology Department, Attn: Darla, 600 E. Boulevard Avenue, Dept 112, Bismarck, ND 58505-0100. Application package must be received by 5:00 PM on November 6, 2013.
Documents to be submitted:
- State of ND Internship Program Application for Employment (SFN 59151): http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html
- Resume & Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcript
Access Application for Employment Form (SFN 59151) by clicking on the above link or receive a hardcopy from the following locations: Information Technology Department, the Human Resource Management Services - 14th Floor, ND State Capitol, Bismarck, or any North Dakota Job Service Office.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
The Criminal Justice Information Sharing (CJIS) Program is seeking a part-time intern to serve as an analyst for the Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (ND SAVIN) Program. ND SAVIN provides crime victims, those who care for them, and other concerned citizens in North Dakota the ability to receive anonymous updates or to register for timely phone, text, email, or TTY notifications of significant events related to status changes of criminal court cases; offender custody, probation, and parole; and protection orders. The service is free and available 24/7. ND SAVIN facilitates an innovative collaboration among courts, county jails, the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, law enforcement, the Office of the Attorney General and the CJIS Program to provide its service.
The SAVIN Analyst Intern applicant should be able to demonstrate:
- strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people through speaking and writing and build rapport with stakeholders and users
- organizational and multi-tasking skills needed to organize work and meet deadlines
- familiarity with or interest in learning about technology, criminal justice and victims’ rights
System Testing and Data Mapping
- Document data entry processes at custodial facilities.
- Engage in testing activities to ensure the system fulfills stakeholder and program requirements.
- Identify existing or potential issues.
- Develop recommendations to address existing or potential issues.
- Conduct data audits of the VINE data.
- Troubleshoot issues with stakeholders and vendors.
- Revise user-friendly maps of the data flow for the ND SAVIN system, as needed.
Stakeholder Outreach and Satisfaction
- Draft survey questions for stakeholder groups.
- Collaborate with ND SAVIN Program Manager to conduct surveys of victim and facility users via meetings, electronic survey tools, and/or telephone calls.
- Aggregate survey data and analyze survey results.
- Develop recommendations to maintain and improve user satisfaction.
- Prepare and package promotional materials for various stakeholders.
- Maintain a current database with stakeholder contact information.
- Answer questions pertaining to use of the VINE Programs.
- Coordinate with SAVIN Program Manager to provide training to stakeholders through visits, phone calls, or internet processes.
Draft Policies, Procedures, and Training
- Assist ND SAVIN Program Manager in drafting processes, procedures, protocols, and training to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a critical event management plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.