State Employees: Training Classes for ND State Employees
Teamwork: The Path to Enhanced Productivity
Every day, you play the vital role of a team member. When you manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, achieve objectives, you are functioning as a team member with co-workers and/or individuals outside your agency. Understanding how to function more effectively as a member of a team can be a rewarding experience and will help you face the challenge of “how to do more with less.”
Participants will learn how to function more effectively as a team member by gaining an understanding of:
In today's world, stress can become a daily visitor, and time always seems to be 'not enough of.'
- the advantages of teams over individuals.
- the benefits derived from effective teamwork and the consequences of poor teamwork.
- the important role effective communication plays in making your team more successful.
- how to recognize and respect others style of communicating, listen more effectively, and adapt your style to make your team more successful.
- how to analyze and solve a problem as a team using a structured brainstorming and consensus building process.
- how to put into practice the key skills required to function as an effective team player.
- the importance of each individual on the team.
- the value of establishing ground rules to guide your team and thus serve to make your team more successful.
- Registration Procedures
- Cancellations made three work days or more before the workshop will not be charged. No-shows will be assessed the entire fee. Substitutions may be made any time. If you require any auxiliary aids or services such as readers, signers, braille materials, etc., please notify ND Human Resource Management Services seven days before the seminar.