State Employees: Training Classes for ND State Employees
Respecting Differences in the Workplace
By attending this seminar, you will identify your own personal attitude and behavior in the workplace and acquire techniques to develop the personal courage to become a role model - taking action when appropriate and addressing inappropriate behaviors when important.
You will learn to:
- gain an understanding of how the average worker has changed over the past 25-30 years
- accept that each person is unique and important regardless of color or status
- identify the impact of cultural diversity within the workplace and how it affects working relationships
- identify personal attitudes and behaviors toward differences
- recognize how attitudes toward differences influence interactions with others
- understand that men and women behave differently based on separate cultural rules
- accept personal responsibility for creating a respectful workplace.
- Registration Procedures
- Cancellations made three work days or more before the workshop will not be charged. No-shows will be assessed the entire fee. Substitutions may be made any time. If you require any auxiliary aids or services such as readers, signers, braille materials, etc., please notify ND Human Resource Management Services seven days before the seminar.