State Employees: Training Classes for ND State Employees
Microsoft Fast Card Training
Basic computer skills - use of mouse, keyboard, and understanding of Windows.
The Microsoft Office 2007 fast card training is an overview of the new 2007 Office system. It provides a brief synopsis of Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word. Each participant will receive a laminated card summarizing 2007 changes. If an agency has 6 employees who want this training, Connecting Point will schedule a special half-day session for them.
Topics covered include:
- New user interface: Ribbons, Quick Access Toolbar, and the Office Button
- Access: Navigation Pane, Tabbed Browsing, and Layout View
- Excel: Creation and Formatting of Tables, Auto-filtering, Auto-Sorting, and Style Formatting
- Outlook: To-do bar, Navigation Pane, Flagged E-Mail, and Categorizing Messages
- PowerPoint: Built-in layouts, Themes, Quick Styles, and Smart Art
- Word: Quick Styles, Building Blocks, Table Formats, and Graphical Effects