State Employees: Training Classes for ND State Employees
Ethics: Right Is Always Right, Right?
As state employees, we are faced daily with situations that involve policies, procedures, laws, rules, and business practices. It is critical that we know how to analyze these situations, consider the consequences and take appropriate action in a way that will maintain both our personal and organizational integrity.
We've all seen the headlines... “College Coach Violates Ethics Policies”... “Top Secret Information Leaked”... “Senator Accused of Harassment”... “NASCAR Team Disqualified For Cheating.” What's going on in the world today? Are ethics violators "bad people"?
In this training session, we will look at ethics in the workplace:
- Definitions of ethics, values, and morals & how they differ;
- Basic ethical philosophies;
- Identify your own guiding principles;
- Causes of ethical dilemmas;
- Determine a process for making ethical decisions;
- Analyze and discuss ethical case studies.
- Registration Procedures
- Cancellations made three work days or more before the workshop will not be charged. No-shows will be assessed the entire fee. Substitutions may be made any time.
- If you require any auxiliary aids or services such as readers, signers, braille materials, etc., please notify ND Human Resource Management Services seven days before the seminar.
- Peace Officers can receive 3 CEUs.
Gerard and Tricia