State Employees: Training Classes for ND State Employees
Directing Your Development
Would you like to take control of your own development? Would you like to realize your full potential? Would you like to know how to increase the satisfaction and rewards from your current position or build qualifications for advancement? Directing Your Development, designed especially for nonsupervisors, gives employees the tools needed to take responsibility for their own development.
This program directly correlates with the Developing People component of the ND Supervisory Management Development Program. All materials and videos depict public sector organizational life and the issues and problems faced by state government employees. Non-supervisory personnel will be learning the same techniques and principles their supervisors and managers are learning. You and your supervisor can then draw from the same learning base to chart the course for job enhancement. Learn to:
- Explore the gaps between "where I am" and "where I want to be" in terms of your career development
- Analyze the sources of job satisfaction
- Identify steps needed to improve performance
- Determine your initiative style profile and how to match the style needed in each situation to become more effective
- Identify your strengths and improvement opportunities in maintaining effective working relationships with peers
- Apply development review models to your own development needs
Allison and Tricia
- Registration Procedures
- Cancellations made three work days or more before the workshop will not be charged. No-shows will be assessed the entire fee.
- Substitutions may be made any time. If you require any auxiliary aids or services such as readers, signers, braille materials, etc., please notify ND Human Resource Management Services seven days before the seminar.