State Employees: Training Classes for ND State Employees
Let’s face it, conflict is rampant in the workplace. It’s common in every state agency, not just yours. When you are faced with conflict with another employee, how do you handle it? Do you simply brush it off and think it will disappear? No, it really doesn’t disappear. It might hide for a while, but it will return; and when it does return the conflict will be even greater than before!
The overall objective of this seminar is to assist employees in preventing and resolving conflict with another person, whether that person is a supervisor, co-worker, or a customer. All material and video case studies depict situations in the public sector. Learn how to help resolve conflict “Permanently”!
In this training session we focus on:
- Identifying and analyzing the situational factors that create obstacles to achieving performance;
- Assess the impact that your interpersonal practices and style have on achieving results;
- Assessing your effectiveness in resolving conflicts and performance problems and create a productive climate where you work;
- Steps you can take to improve performance by using conflict resolution styles and techniques more effectively;
- Strengthen your working relationships with others; and
- Recommend procedural or system improvements that reduce unproductive conflict.
NOTE: This course is not necessary if you have already taken the Supervisory Management/Development Program.
- Registration Procedures
- Cancellations made three work days or more before the workshop will not be charged. No-shows will be assessed the entire fee.
- Substitutions may be made any time. If you require any auxiliary aids or services such as readers, signers, braille materials, etc., please notify ND Human Resource Management Services seven days before the seminar.
- Peace Officers can receive 6.5 CEUs.