State Employees: Training Classes for ND State Employees
The overall objective of this seminar is to assist employees in preventing and resolving unproductive conflicts between supervisors, groups, and individuals. All written material and video case studies depict public sector life and issues. The following areas will be covered:
- identifying and analyzing the situational factors that create obstacles to achieving a high level of performance and cause unproductive conflicts
- assessing the impact that your interpersonal practices and style have on your ability to achieve the results expected of you and on the satisfaction you gain from your work
- assessing your effectiveness in resolving conflicts and performance problems and in creating a productive climate
- identifying specific steps you can take to improve performance by using conflict resolution styles and techniques more effectively; strengthening your working relationships with others; and recommending procedural or system improvements that reduce unproductive conflict.
NOTE: This course is not necessary if you have already taken the Supervisory Management Development Program.
- Registration Procedures
- Cancellations made three work days or more before the workshop will not be charged. No-shows will be assessed the entire fee.
- Substitutions may be made any time. If you require any auxiliary aids or services such as readers, signers, braille materials, etc., please notify ND Human Resource Management Services seven days before the seminar.
- Peace Officers can receive 6.5 CEUs.