State Employees: Training Classes for ND State Employees
Become A Better Communicator
Each of you has the power to be a more effective communicator. You have the power to eliminate communication barriers, become a better listener, and enhance working relationships through the use of different communication styles. Communication is the beginning of all we do. Without it, all other functions suffer.
By attending this seminar, you will determine your communication style and acquire techniques to utilize when adapting to communication styles of others. You will learn to take responsibility for what you communicate while practicing clarity and understanding. You will learn to:
- adapt your communication style to work more effectively with others.
- utilize your non-verbal communication in a way that enhances the communication process.
- improve team communication between men and women.
- identify strategies to work with people who have different communication styles.
- understand that men and women behave and communicate differently because they were raised in two separate gender cultures.
- communicate more effectively based on the "invisible rules" unique to each gender.
- analyze and practice active listening skills.
- Registration Procedures
- Cancellations made three work days or more before the workshop will not be charged. No-shows will be assessed the entire fee.
- Substitutions may be made any time. If you require any auxiliary aids or services such as readers, signers, braille materials, etc., please notify Human Resource Management Services seven days before the seminar.