State Employees: Training Classes for ND State Employees
Mastering Meeting Minutes
Keeping accurate meeting minutes is crucial for any business or organization. The minutes will serve as an official record of what took place during the meeting and assist your team, peers, and managers in knowing the discussion topics and expectations for further action. In this training, you will receive some pointers to help you master minute taking - learning what to do before the meeting, during the meeting, and after the meeting. You will:
- Receive one easy-to-use template for taking minutes, along with suggestions on what to include and not include in the minutes.
- Review ND Century Code and Sunshine Laws regarding open records and meeting laws. A representative from the Office of Attorney General will be present to answer your questions.
- Obtain a basic knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order.
- Hear what other employees in state government are doing when taking minutes.
Gerard Schwan and Sandra Voller
- Registration Procedures
- Cancellations made three work days or more before the workshop will not be charged. No-shows will be assessed the entire fee. Substitutions may be made any time. If you require any auxiliary aids or services such as readers, signers, braille materials, etc., please notify Human Resource Management Services seven days before the seminar.