October 2009: New Hub Data Portal
The North Dakota GIS Hub Data Portal has replaced the Metadata Explorer as a tool for finding downloadable GIS data, GIS web services, and GIS applications using geographic extents, searching by keywords, browsing or searching within categories, or some combination of all.
The Metadata Explorer will be switched off sometime by the end of November 2009.
- Data can be previewed using the built-in map viewer or with Google Earth
- Maps and descriptive data can be sent to other via email
- GeoRSS, Facebook, and other tools can be used to be notified of updated or new information
- Multiple on-line linkage to data downloading and service information in one location
- Recent changes and featured data/application are displayed on the main page
- Full metadata is displayed and well organized
Please be sure to edit your bookmarks to point to the new GIS Hub Data Portal before the end of November. Click on the "Contact us" menu item in the GIS Hub Data Portal if you wish to provide feedback while using this application.
The new GIS Hub Data Portal