Important Browser Information
» Use of high-speed cable or DSL access ("broadband") is recommended. Dial-up access via a modem will work, but the web site will run noticeably slower than broadband.
» GIS web sites tend to have slow display speeds due to the amount of data being sent to your browser. Be patient when you click on tools in the Hub Explorer, and wait for responses to complete before clicking on other tools in the Hub Explorer.
» Please make sure that any pop-up window killer software is disabled, or the Hub Explorer and the Hub Data Portal may not behave as designed.
» The Hub Explorer and the Hub Data Portal have been tested and found to work on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 9.0 and above
- Limited testing has been done on Opera and Safari.
» If the map does not display, and for a long time you see the message, "Loading Map...Please Wait" then try:
- Force a reload by using Ctrl-F5 while the map is attempting to load
- clear your browser cache and try again
- if you are using Internet Explorer press F12 then in the window that appears at the bottom of the screen, click on the Browser Mode menu item and select to use IE 9 or IE 10 without compatibility mode
» To enable the dynamic coordinate display below the map, please visit the FAQ page and see the item titled, "I used to see the map coordinates in the browser status bar at the bottom of the browser but they no longer appear. What has happened?"
» The Hub Explorer and the Hub Data Portal support screen resolutions from up to 1900x1200.