Full GIS Technical Committee
GISTC Meeting Minutes
TO: Full GIS Technical Committee
DATE: October 24, 2011
FROM: Bob Nutsch
SUBJECT: Notes from October 11, 2011 Full GIS Technical Committee meeting
This meeting was held in conjunction with the ND GIS Users Conference 2011. Approximately 40 people from various levels of government, higher education, and private enterprise in attendance. The purpose of this meeting was to provide an opportunity for the Executive GISTC to share the accomplishments, current work, and goals with the larger Full GISTC. The meeting also provided an opportunity for the Full GISTC to give guidance and provide suggestions to the Executive GISTC.
The meeting began with the Executive Committee Report (2.6Mb pdf) submitted by Bob Nutsch.
- Imagery data: North Dakota will not be obtaining statewide NAIP until 2013 at the earliest…would people be interested in participating in a collection? Some hands went up.
- Elevation data: Dave Ward of Intermap presented information on statewide 5m elevation (1.5Mb pdf). When asked if they would be interested in contributing in a collection for this elevation data, some hands went up.
- Cost of workshops, majority of people in the room would pay up to $50 to attend a future workshop
- Not much feedback on using a statewide ArcGIS.com group
- Not many people interested in obtaining GIS Hub news and information via Facebook