Data Oversight Committee
North Dakota Game and Fish Department, North Dakota Department of Transportation, North Dakota State Water Commission, North Dakota Department of Health, North Dakota Information Technology Department.
- Derived from the ND GISTC
- Reports to the GISTC
- Ensure consistent quality of data destined for the ND GIS Hub.
- Ensure that best possible existing data is loaded onto the Hub.
- Resolve conflicts between data sets that represent the same information but have differences between them.
- Has the final authority for determining which data can be loaded onto the Hub.
- In the case of dissent, three-fourths majority is required for approval or disapproval.
- Ensures FGDC-compliant metadata is associated with all Hub data.
- All entities wishing to post data onto the ND GIS Hub must submit their data for review to the Data Oversight Committee. These entities include both government and non-government organizations.
- A Data Oversight Committee meeting will be held if there is a major new data set(s), major changes to an existing data set(s), renaming of data, or reorganization of data. Standard data updates from the data stewards, including limited schema changes, will be managed via an email exchange that will notify Committee members of the data update.
- Upon approval, the data will be loaded onto the Hub by the Data Oversight Committee.
- The Committee will notify the person requesting the data upload, that person will make the final check that the data has been properly loaded and is OK.
- If the requested data is not approved, the Committee will contact the person requesting the data upload, to discuss what needs to be done in order to allow the data to be uploaded.
- Data submitted for loading onto the Hub must meet minimum requirements as set by the ND GISTC working with the Data Oversight Committee.
- Data must contain FGDC-compliant metadata, which will include information initially needed by the Committee such as contact information, source scale, and access constraints.