Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I apply for a 40-Day Provisional License?
A: You can apply online at www.nd.gov/espb. Click on the ND Teach icon in the upper right corner. Click on the Register Now! Link, register for the first time. Log back in to begin your application information.
Directions for the 40-Day Provisional License.
- Submit the completed application form, transcripts from the college where you received your degree, and all applicable fees in order to be eligible for the 40-day provisional license.
- While your background check is being completed and/or pending the receipt of official transcripts or other original documents:
- With the completed application form, attach a letter from your administrator indicating they are willing to hire you without your fingerprint/criminal background check being complete.
- Attach your letter indicating you have been convicted of no crimes (if it is a true statement), as well as your intent to accept the position.
- Fax completed application form, transcripts, and all supporting documents to ESPB prior to receiving your regular license.
- Sub additional $25.00 fee for the 40-day provisional license, as well as all other applicable licensure fees.
The 40-day provisional license cannot be issued until all appropriate paperwork and fees have been received by ESPB.
Never go into a classroom to teach without your North Dakota educator’s license. There is a fine of $50.00.