Once an applicant has completed the requirements for the initial licensure, they may apply for renewal of the following licenses:
- Regular (Five-Year): Issued to individuals who have met all of the requirements for a ND Educator's Professional License and have successfully taught 18 months (full-time equivalent) in the state of North Dakota. Individuals must be under contract at least thirty days of the five-year period and complete six semester hours of re-education.
- Re-Entry (Two-Year): Issued to individuals who have not held a North Dakota teaching license for more than five years, or to out of state applicants who have not completed at least four semester hours of reeducation credit within the past five years. Eight semester hours of reeducation is required if the applicant signs a contract during the license period.
- Renewal and Substitute (Two-Year): Issued to individuals who have completed less than 18 months of contracted teaching time in North Dakota. This license can be used to sign a teaching contract or to substitute teach.
- 30-year Life: A license issued to a teacher who has held a ND license for 30 years.
- Please apply online using ND Teach.