Careers In Corrections: Volunteers and Mentors
The Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation assert that there are many youths and adults who are in trouble because they lack the required skills needed to successfully cope with the pressures of living in a complex society. They lack stable, positive role models who can assist them with making successful adjustments in life. Experience and studies have shown that youth and adult offenders can acquire necessary coping and life skills by associating with positive role models through productive volunteer programs.
As a volunteer, you can join a unique group of talented, valued individuals who are essential to providing necessary services to offenders involved with the justice system.
Volunteers who have provided assistance to the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation have made significant contributions. Volunteers have provided the needed skills, time, and assistance to special needs offenders who may not have otherwise received help. Volunteers around the country have been vital in helping to develop some of the most effective and innovative intervention programs found in corrections today.
As a volunteer, you bring the talent, knowledge, and many experiences which can impact and assist the ND Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in developing more effective services for criminal offenders. The Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation strongly believe that volunteers can and do make a difference in the area of corrections.
For information on working as a volunteer within the ND Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation for youth and adult offenders, please contact the following Human Resource contacts within the ND Department of Corrections.
- Tracy Stein - HR Director - DOCR Administration and Business Office, 701-328-6102
- Tim Tausend - HR Officer II - Mandan, Division of Juvenile Services (Youth Corr. Center and Juvenile Corrections District Offices in the Community) 701-667-1465
- Larry Tice - HR Officer II - North Dakota State Penitentiary, 701-328-6112
- Jeanney Wright - HR Officer I - James River Corrections Center, Jamestown, 701-253-3804
- Nikki Sackman - HR Officer II - Bismarck, Parole and Probation District Offices and Missouri River Corrections Center, Bismarck, 701-328-6196