Parents... Take A Closer Look
"Even if you're not a parent, you can play a significant role in a child life. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, older siblings, mentors and coaches can all help guide a child toward healthy choices at every stage of life. For younger children, you can reinforce messages about eating healthy and staying active. And, as kids get older, your advice can help steer them toward positive decisions when there up against tough choices. Wondering how you can assist your child from not drinking? Put the following tips to work and enjoy the benefits for years to come."
- Positive Modeling Self Assessment (279kb pdf)
- Encourage a child to "Live their NO!"
- Conversation Jar from Parents Empowered (1.92MB pdf)
- Time To Text (618kb pdf)
- Time to Talk Toolkit (1.12MB pdf)
- Make a Difference, Talk to Your Child About Alcohol
- The Surgeon General Call to Action to Prevent and Reduce Underage Drinking What it Means To You: A Guide to Action for Families
- North Dakota Parents LEAD
- Talk Early, Talk Often, Get Others Involved
- Parents. The Anti-Drug
- Time to Talk
- Time to Act
- The Power of Parents, It's Your Influence
Alcohol Prevention Campaigns
Take A Closer Look Campaign
Take a Closer Look - TACL (Tackle) at the effects alcohol abuse has on our children, teens, families, and communities in North Dakota. It is time to take action. We can make a difference.
Take A Closer Look... Don't Get Benched by Alcohol, Prevent Underage Drinking
The Take A Closer Look... Don't Get Benched by Alcohol, Prevent Underage Drinking awareness campaign is meant to engage youth and communities in creating positive messages around substance abuse prevention and can serve as first steps toward a comprehensive prevention strategy supporting no-use norms among youth. In ND, 97% of community members surveyed agree that preventing alcohol and other drug use among youth is important (ND Community Readiness Survey, 2008).
Class B District Tournaments (1.82MB pdf)