Tribal Prescription Drug Campaign
- HRSA Presentation (2 MB pdf)
Launched January 2012
Prescription drug abuse has increased over the past decade. The misuse of prescription drugs impacts our families, friends, and communities. The goal of this prevention campaign is to encourage community members to become aware of prescription drugs in their homes and environment, and to safeguard these medications to prevent abuse. Who needs to be involved in this effort? Everyone.
- Tribal Prescription Drug Video PSA (1:40)
- Tribal Prescription Drug Radio PSA (:30)
- Prescription Drug Poster - Lock it Up (3.92 MB pdf)
Spirit Lake Nation
Standing Rock Sioux Tribe
Fort Berthold Indian Reservation
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians
Infuse substance abuse prevention messages into your daily work with youth!
- Seven Sacred Teachings themed worksheets & classroom/group room activities
- Medicine Wheel themed worksheets & classroom/group room activities
- Youth Activities for the Classroom and Beyond for additional prevention themed classroom/group ideas and activities
For more information on substance abuse prevention in the schools visit our Education page.
Utilize the FREE resources in your work with youth and in the general community at the Prevention Resource & Media Center.
Tribal Prevention Coordinators
The overall role of the North Dakota Substance Abuse Tribal Prevention Coordinators is to help tribal communities enhance their capacity to address issues related to alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
We provide culturally appropriate technical assistance and resources to:
- Law Enforcement/Juvenile Justice/Probation & Parole
- Tribal Health Programs
- Community groups
- Persons or Groups Interested in Prevention
Tribal Prevention Coordinators also serve as a liaison for the North Dakota Department of Human Services' Division of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services providing updated and pertinent prevention information.
What We Offer
- Provide resources for youth, families, workplaces, and community educational programs
- Collaboration with drug and alcohol free activities
- Assist in multi-agency planning efforts
- Help promote and establish drug and alcohol law and order codes