North Dakota Mental Health Planning Council (NDMHPC)
White Papers and Talking Points
The N.D. Mental Health Planning Council authored three White Papers, as well as related Talking Points, to share their position and philosophy regarding three of the New Freedom Commission Goals.
What Is A White Paper?
A white paper states an organization's position or philosophy about a social, political, or other subject and provides information regarding a specific position or solution to a problem. A white paper must quickly identify problems or concerns faced by its readers and provide a solution or recommendation.
What are Talking Points?
Talking points are small arguments or phrases that give support to an argument or a specific subject for discussion. Talking points are often over-simplifications of issues that are highlighted or bulleted for reader's use and access.
- White Paper: Mental Health Care is Consumer and Family
Driven (110kb pdf)
- Talking Points 1 (117kb pdf)
- White Paper: Early Mental Health Screening,
Assessment, and Referral to Services are Common Practice (114kb pdf)
- Talking Points 2 (117kb pdf)
- White Paper: Excellent Mental Health Care is Delivered and
Research is Accelerated (100kb pdf)
- Talking Points 3 (113kb pdf)