Child Support Enforcement (CSE)
Services: Order Enforcement
The program will work to enforce the child support amount that is ordered by the court. These are some of the enforcement tools used:
- Income withholding
- Federal and state tax refund offset
- Lottery prize offset
- Report to credit bureaus
- License and vehicle registration suspension
- Passport denial
- Freeze and seize real and personal property
- Claim against estate and inheritance
- Refer for state or criminal prosecution
These same tools may also be used to enforce a dollar-specific amount for medical support.
For more information on enforcement tools including when they may apply, see Collection Tools.
To enforce health insurance coverage ordered by a court, the program issues a National Medical Support Notice to the non-custodial parent's employer requiring the employer to enroll the child in any available health insurance plan.