nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends
NDDHS logo ND Child Support Enforcement image

Child Support Division

General Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Why do I receive a lesser amount than I had normally received from the clerk of court?

A. There may be a number of reasons. Generally, we pay out current support, the amount due this month, the day after we receive it, up to the monthly amount established by the court order. We understand that previously, some clerks paid out all the funds received regardless of the monthly amount owed. We are also aware of some situations where funds received from a parent were paid to one of their cases while their other cases received lesser or no payments. Also, funds received through income withholding may be handled differently than payments received by check. We pay the amounts from the paying parent first for this month's support and then to amounts unpaid from earlier months. There may also be other reasons, depending on the facts unique to your case.


Return to the top of the page Top of page   Go back to the previous page Back to previous page

 Get Adobe Acrobat Reader Tested for W3C WAI AA Accessibility Tested for W3C Well-Formed XHTML Code Tested for W3C Well Formed Cascading Style Sheet Code