nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends
NDDHS logo ND Child Support Enforcement image

Child Support

General Frequently Asked Questions

  • Question 1: Is there help available to custodial and non-custodial parents in the area of establishing and enforcing child support?
  • Question 2: What methods are used by the Child Support program to collect child support?
  • Question 3: The non-custodial parent lives in another state and has quit paying child support. What can be done to get payments to start again?
  • Question 4: I haven't received my payment yet. Did you receive it?
  • Question 5: I haven't received a payment for several months. How do I go about having the child support money taken out of the non-custodial parent's paycheck?
  • Question 6: Who do I contact to change my name or address?
  • Question 7: Why do I receive a lesser amount than I had normally received from the clerk of court?
  • Question 8: How long does it take the check to get to me once it is received by the State Disbursement Unit (SDU)?
  • Question 9: When I want information regarding my child support payment, what is quickest and easiest for me to do?
  • Question 10: Do I have to call the Regional Child Support Unit, the SDU, and the Clerk of Court to find out about my case or to be sure they have the new information I have provided, such as a name or address change?
  • Question 11: Can I have the amount of my order reviewed?
  • Question 12: My court order says that my child support payment is due on the first of the month, so why don't I receive it on the first?
  • Question 13: Can I have my child support check deposited directly into my checking or savings account?
  • Question 14: Who can answer questions about my court order?
  • Question 15: What do I do if something has happened to a check I received?
  • Question 16: What happens if the automated system tells me a check was mailed on February 10th and it is now February 15th?
  • Question 17: Who can help me if the obligor is not sending in the child support payments?
  • Question 18: Who do I contact if I have a question about a tax intercept to collect on past due child support?
  • Question 19: I am supposed to receive a certain amount per month for child support. The amounts that I receive some months do not add up to the court ordered monthly amount and the checks are for different amounts.
  • Question 20: If my child graduates from high school in May of this year and does not turn 18 until August, will I still receive child support?
  • Question 21: My child(ren)'s absent parent owes back child support (arrears) and I was wondering if I have to sign a form to start the tax intercept process?
  • Question 22: I am not being allowed parenting time with my child like I think I should be. What can I do?


Return to the top of the page Top of page   Go back to the previous page Back to previous page

 Get Adobe Acrobat Reader Tested for W3C WAI AA Accessibility Tested for W3C Well-Formed XHTML Code Tested for W3C Well Formed Cascading Style Sheet Code