Child Support Enforcement (CSE)
Employers: Income Withholding
Options for Reporting Employee Terminations
For those employees whose principal place of employment is North Dakota, Employers must notify the issuing entity, in writing, of the employee's termination of employment within 7 business days of the termination. This notification must include the following:
- Employee's name;
- Employee's remittance identifier (found on the income withholding order);
- Employee's last known home address;
- Date of separation from employment; and
- If known, the new employer's name and address.
- Online reporting of employee terminations or temporary absences via a secure and encrypted website. This service allows for easy online access to report terminations or temporary absences of employees for whom you have received an income withholding order from ND Child Support Enforcement.
- Complete the Termination Notification section of the income withholding order and send a copy of the entire income withholding order to the issuing entity.
- Print, complete, and send a Notification of Termination (56kb pdf) to the issuing entity.