Child Support Division
Employers: Income Withholding
North Dakota Century Code
14-09-09.25. Requests by obligee for income withholding - Approval - Procedures and standards.
- An obligee may apply to a child support agency for approval of an income withholding request. The income of the obligor becomes subject to income withholding on the date an approved request is made.
- The public authority shall establish procedures and standards for the approval of obligee requests for income
withholding. The standards established must include consideration of:
- An obligor's threat to discontinue child support payments; and
- An obligor's having made child support payments sufficient to avoid a delinquency but insufficient to conform to the ordered amount.
- Upon application of an obligee requesting income withholding, the child support agency shall promptly approve or disapprove the request. The child support agency may not approve the obligee's request in a case where the court has determined that there is good cause not to require immediate income withholding unless the court first changes its determination.