Child Support Division
Employers: Employee Terminations or Temporary Absences Reporting
Employers must promptly notify the entity that issued an income withholding order or a National Medical Support Notice when the employee's employment terminates. Employers must notify the issuing entity, in writing, of the employee's termination of employment within 7 business days of the termination. This notification must include the following:
- Employee's name;
- Employee's remittance identifier (found on the income withholding order);
- Employee's last known home address;
- Date of separation from employment; and
- If known, the new employer's name and address.
The employer can notify the North Dakota Child Support program of the termination in a number of ways, including:
- Online reporting of employee terminations or temporary absences via a secure and encrypted website. This service allows for easy online access to report terminations or temporary absences of employees for whom you have received an income withholding order from the ND Child Support Division.
- Complete the last page of the income withholding order (the Notification of Termination of Employment) and send it to the issuing entity.
- Print, complete, and send a Notification of Termination Form (10.04kb pdf) to the issuing entity.
- In the case of a National Medical Support Notice, send to the issuing entity a copy of any notice you are required to provide under the continuation coverage provisions of ERISA or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.