Child Support Enforcement (CSE)
Employers: New Hire Reporting
Employers may report new hires to the SDNH in a number of ways:
- Internet reporting via a secure and encrypted website. Employers may report individual new hires via a secure and encrypted Internet website.
- Secure and encrypted web file transfer. A secure and encrypted web-based method to send a file that includes multiple new hires. Employers must call the Child Support Enforcement program to set up the web file transfer process. If the report is transmitted this way, the report may be made by two monthly transmissions. These transmissions, however, must be made not less than 12 or more than 16 days apart.
- Payroll service. Employers using a payroll or accounting service should consider asking the service to report new hires for the employer.
- Printed list. A printed list with the required information is faxed or mailed.
- New Hire Reporting form. The Department of Human Services has prepared a form comparable to the W-4 form which employers may submit by fax or mail.
- W-4 form. After a newly hired employee completes this federal form, the required employer information is completed on lines 8 and 10 and the W-4 is faxed or a copy is mailed.
If options 4 - 6 above are used to submit new hire reports, mail or fax the reports to:
P.O. Box 7369
Bismarck, ND 58507-7369
Fax: (701) 328-5497