Home and Community-Based Long Term Care
- Service Payments for the Elderly and Disabled (SPED) Program
- Provides services for people who are older or physically disabled and who have difficulty completing tasks that enable them to live independently at home.
- Expanded Service Payments for the Elderly and Disabled (Ex-SPED) Program
- Pays for in-home and community-based services for people who would otherwise
receive care in a licensed basic care facility.
- Medicaid Waiver for Home and Community-Based Services
- This waiver from the federal government allows the state to use Medicaid
funds to provide services enabling eligible individuals who would otherwise
require nursing home services to remain in their homes or communities.
- Older Americans Act Services
- These services, which include health maintenance, home-delivered meals,
transportation, and other services, enhance the ability of older individuals
to maintain their independence and to remain in their own homes and communities.
- Video: Go on-the-job to learn about being a Qualified Service Provider by watching an 18-minute video called "A Realistic Job Preview." (112 MB wmv)
For more information or to apply for home and community-based services funded through the Department of Human Services, contact your local County Social Service Office or the ND Aging and Disability Resource-LINK toll-free at 1-855-GO2LINK (1-855-462-5465).