The Department will require ALL providers, current and new, to enroll into the new MMIS.
The Department will offer several training tools to assist with the enrollment process including, which will be available in April, 2013:
- Training toolkit - Provides a quick guide on basic application procedures and lists all materials that will be needed to complete the application
- Online training manuals - Provides a step by step process on how to complete the application, which can be printed or viewed online
- Computer Based Training (CBT's) – Provides a complete walk through of the enrollment process through an animated tutorial video
- Webinars / conference calls - These will be scheduled as needed and gives the providers the ability to view live demos and ask questions.
After reviewing the training documents, providers are encouraged to begin the enrollment process as soon as possible to prevent delays in processing.
- Providers, including trading partners will be required to complete a NEW provider enrollment application which will be available on the web.
- Enrollment is required for up to date and detailed information to provide services to members and providers as we implement the new MMIS.
- Providers will receive a new Medicaid provider number but will be required to bill using their National Provider Identifier (NPI) number for the CMS1500, UB04 and Dental claim forms. Providers who do not have an NPI are encouraged to obtain an NPI prior to the new MMIS implementation.