Substance Abuse Treatment Services: West Central Human Service Center
- Care Coordination/Case Aide
- Addiction Evaluation
- Social Detoxification Program
- Primary Treatment Services: A structured treatment program provided for chemically dependent persons of all ages and their families, the program includes individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions. Acupuncture treatment is also available for people undergoing substance abuse treatment. Treatment levels include:
- Low Intensity Outpatient: Outpatient programming which involves two sessions per week for up to 16 weeks.
- Day Treatment: Outpatient programming ranging from 5-8 hours per day, for 4-5 days per week. The program lasts from 3-5 weeks.
- Residential Services: Supportive living arrangement or ongoing therapeutic environment for clients who are currently enrolled in outpatient treatment or who require some structured support to maintain sobriety. Options may include residential group care setting, semi-independent living arrangements, and crisis residential services.
- Medical Detoxification and Medically Supervised Inpatient Treatment
- Medication/Medical Monitoring/Management: Including medication administration by qualified professionals to individuals who are unable to monitor their own medication; medication review, which is monitoring and consultation regarding the individual's use of medication by a psychiatrist or medical doctor providing the prescription; instructions about the use of the medication, and evaluation of medication side-effects.
- Relapse Prevention/Aftercare Services
Each human service center assesses the need for substance abuse treatment services in their region; identifies the capacity for services in the human service center; and identifies and contracts with private providers for services such as social setting detoxification, crisis residential, residential, and short term hospitalization for medical detoxification/stabilization. These partnerships vary in each region depending on the availability of providers to deliver the specific service. In addition, human service center regions that include reservations, have, or are in the process of developing contracted services on reservations.
Several human service centers, including West Central Human Service Center, also collaborate with the judicial system and the Department of Corrections by providing the treatment component of local Juvenile and Adult Drug Courts.
West Central Human Service Center staff are available to provide drug and alcohol education and prevention programming. West Central is affiliated with the Missouri Valley Addiction Training Consortium as a training site for addiction counseling professionals.
Top of page Back to previous page