South Central Human Service Center: Region VI
South Central Human Service Center is one of eight regional human service centers within the North Dakota Department of Human Services. The center provides a wide range of human services to the residents of Barnes, Dickey, Foster, Griggs, LaMoure, Logan, McIntosh, Stutsman, and Wells counties. This 10,801 square mile area is home to approximately 61,500 people.
Mission: Our mission is to provide quality, efficient, and effective human services, which improve the lives of people.
No one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay; and there is a discounted/sliding fee schedule available.
OPEN ACCESS Walk-in Behavioral Health Assessments - Supporting individuals in their time of need. No appointment needed.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: 12 to 2:30 p.m.
- How it works:
- Individuals walk-in and want to be assessed for a behavioral health need.
- They meet with a triage specialist and the business office.
- They are connected to services.
- People with acute, severe symptoms are served right away. Others may be served within one to several days or may be referred to other community behavioral health service providers.
Staff: The staff may include professionals trained in the following specialties: psychiatry, psychology, addiction counseling, social work, counseling, case management, nursing, and vocational rehabilitation. Some services may be provided through contracts.
Contact Information: South Central Human Service Center
Regional Director: Dan Cramer
South Central Human Service Center
520 3rd Street, NW, PO Box 2055
Jamestown, N.D. 58402-2055
Phone: (701) 253-6300
Toll Free: (800) 260-1310
TTY: (701) 253-6414
Crisis: (701) 253-6304
Fax: (701) 253-6400
For Vocational Rehabilitation services:
Phone: (701) 253-6388
TTY: (701) 253-6414
To schedule appointments at satellite locations, contact South Central Human Service Center.
Satellite Locations: Carrington, Oakes, Valley City and Wishek