Substance Abuse Treatment Services: Northeast Human Service Center
- Care Coordination/Case Aide
- Addiction Evaluation
- Primary Treatment Services: A structured treatment program provided for chemically dependent persons of all ages and their families, the program includes individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions. Three treatment levels are available:
- Low Intensity Outpatient: Outpatient programming which does not exceed ten hours per week over a period of three to twelve weeks.
- Day Treatment: Outpatient programming ranging from 5-8 hours per day, for 5 days per week. The program lasts from 4-8 weeks.
- Adult Residential Services: Supportive living arrangement or ongoing therapeutic environment for clients who are currently enrolled in outpatient treatment or who require some structured support to maintain sobriety. These services are provided through a contract with Centre, Inc.
- Adolescent Residential Services: The Center for Adolescent Treatment serves 12-17 year old who need addiction treatment services. The 8-bed facility offers intensive outpatient and residential programs. The facility is licensed to provide foster care to eligible youth.
- Relapse Prevention Program: Provided to clients prone to addiction relapse, this group is held 3 times a week, and group sessions are 2 hours long.
- Jail Program: This is provided in the Grand Forks County Correctional Facility once each week. This is a 2-hour group session.
Each human service center assesses the need for substance abuse treatment services in their region; identifies the capacity for services in the human service center; and identifies and contracts with private providers for services such as social setting detoxification, crisis residential, residential, and short term hospitalization for medical detoxification/stabilization.
These partnerships vary in each region depending on the availability of providers to deliver the specific service. In addition, human service center regions that include reservations, have, or are in the process of developing contracted services on reservations.
Northeast Human Service center collaborates with the judicial system and the Department of Corrections by providing the treatment component of the Juvenile Courts in Grand Forks.
Top of page Back to previous page