IRB Application Instructions and Forms
It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator(s) to determine the appropriate level of review required for his/her project.
If the PI determines that the project is exempt from review, per the decision charts below, then no further action is required.
If the project requires expedited or full review, the PI must contact ND DHS at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting approval from ND DHS for the PI to submit to WIRB. PLEASE NOTE that the PI must obtain approval from ND DHS prior to submitting an application to WIRB.
In the e-mail to ND DHS (email@example.com), the PI(s) must address the following:
- Provide brief description of your research project
- Does this research project require review by another IRB (e.g., academic institution, medical facility, etc.)? If so, provide the following information:
- Name and address of the IRB
- Contact person at the IRB and phone number and email address
- Date research project was submitted
- Current status of the IRB review
- How will your research involve ND DHS?
- Will any research participants be obtained from ND DHS (employees, consumers, etc.)?
- Will any data be collected from ND DHS?
- WIRB IRB Services
- WIRB Forms
- HHS Office for Human Resarch Protections (OHRP) Human Subject Regulations Decision Charts
- WIRB Contact Information
- ND DHS Contact Information (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Top of page Back to previous page