ND Health Enterprise Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS)
Welcome. This website provides important information to help Medicaid providers prepare for the implementation of the new claims processing and payment system known as the ND Health Enterprise MMIS.
The ND Health Enterprise MMIS will be available to providers who participate in:
- North Dakota Medicaid
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (Healthy Steps)
- Home and Community-Based Medicaid Waiver Services
The ND Health Enterprise MMIS offers a user-friendly web portal that will be available 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Providers will be able to perform various business activities including:
- Getting real-time access to member eligibility, claims status, remittance advices, payment status and claims history
- Entering and validating claims real-time
- Uploading batch transactions
- Managing accounts/passwords
- Accessing email box for letters and updates
Provider News and Updates
May 25, 2015 - ND Medicaid will offer Health Care Claim Payment/Advice (835) Transactions when the new ND Health Enterprise MMIS goes live. Providers who wish to receive an 835 transaction will be REQUIRED to complete one of two forms.
- SFN 109 authorizes a Clearing House or Billing Agent to retrieve a provider’s 835 Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) transactions.
- SFN 111 is for providers who have the capability of retrieving their own 835 Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) transactions.
All new and existing providers MUST complete a web-based enrollment application to use the ND Health Enterprise MMIS.
Learn more about taxonomy codes and their role in submitting claims to the ND Health Enterprise MMIS.
Training and Support
Providers will be able to access various training opportunities to prepare for new ND Health Enterprise MMIS.
These include in-person instructor-led trainings, online computer-based training, instructor-led webinars, and educational conference calls. (Qualified Service Provider call on June 23, 2015 has been cancelled. Agenda for all other Medicaid providers call on June 24, 2015).
Companion guides are for N.D. Trading Partners when ND Health Enterprise MMIS goes live.
Claims Submission Guidelines
Claims Submission Guidelines outline policy and provider billing instructions for claims submitted to the ND Health Enterprise MMIS.
N.D. Department of Human Services
Medical Services Division
600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 325
Bismarck, N.D. 58505-0250
Phone: (800) 755-2604