Policies and Plans
POLICIES, STANDARDIZED PROCEDURES AND PAYMENTS, & TAGs
VR POLICY MANUAL, NDAC 75-08-01 - Revised November 2002. The Policy Manual is the required fundamental guide governing the vocational rehabilitation process. It addresses essential criteria required by federal law and federal regulations including applicable definitions, eligibility, comprehensive assessment, plan development, and closure. It has been formalized through North Dakota's rulemaking process and as North Dakota Administrative Code it has the force and effect of law.
VR Operational Policies - These are official NDVR Policies that cover areas not specifically addressed in the policy manual or that need further explanation. The first two numbers signify the year in which the policy was written, the last two numbers represent if it was the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. policy written that year. For example, the Client Purchases NDVR OP 12-01 was written in 2012 and was the first policy that year.
- Accommodations, Services & Devices for VR Clients in Educational &Vocational & Training Settings - (27 KB pdf) - OVR/OP/CLS 99-05
- Appeals Process - (439 KB pdf) - NDVR OP 16-03
- Awards Policy - (91 KB pdf) - OVR/OP/OTH 02-01
- Client Financial Participation (24kb pdf) NDVR OP 16-02R
- Client Purchases - (95 KB pdf) - NDVR OP 16-01
- Hearing Aids - (240 KB pdf) - NDVR OP 14-02
- Job Site Accommodation Regarding ADA - (57 KB pdf) - OVR/OP/ADA 94-01
- Maintenance, Transportation and Vehicle Repair - (56 KB pdf) NDVR OP 12-02
- Physical and Mental Restoration Services - (151 KB pdf) NDVR OP 14-01
- Revolving Loan Fund for Individuals with Self-Employment on IPE (51KB pdf) NDVR OP 13-01
- Self-Employment - (175 KB pdf) - NDVR OP 12-04
- Services to Groups of Individuals - (14 KB pdf) - OVR/OP/OTH 94-05
- Telecommunication Systems for Services to Groups - (12 KB pdf) - OVR/OP 94-04
- VR Client Access to State Computer System - (13 KB pdf) - OVR/OP/CLS 00-01
VR Standardized Procedures and Payments - This category addresses areas where uniform procedures, protocols and/or payment rates are needed to ensure statewide consistency.
- Calculating Financial Aid Contribution Worksheet (102 KB pdf) NDVR SP 16-01
- Calculating Financial Aid Instructions (103 KB pdf) NDVR SP 16-01
- Hearing Aid Purchases - Payment Schedule (143 KB pdf) NDVR SP 14-02
- Job Development and Placement (JDP) Services Guidelines (356 KB pdf) NDVR SP 15-02
- Motor Vehicle Repairs Payment Procedure (86 KB pdf) NDVR SP 13-01
- Payment for Travel to Outlying Areas - (244 KB pdf) NDVR SP 15-03
- Short-Term On-the-Job Support Guidelines – (299 KB pdf) NDVR SP 15-04
- Situational Assessment Guidelines – (319 KB pdf) NDVR SP 15-05
- Supported Employment Guidelines (SEP) - (756 KB pdf) - NDVR SP 15-06
- Trial Work Experience and Extended Evaluation Guidelines (328 KB pdf) - NDVR SP 14-03R
TAGs - TAGs are counselor Tips And Guides. They are integral to the vocational and career counseling provided by VR counselors. They are useful as discussion points to consider through the VR process. TAGs are not formal policy.
- Diagnostic Documentation for Eligibility – (282 KB pdf) NDVR TAG 15-01
- Guidelines for a Conflict of Interest - (218 KB pdf) NDVR TAG 16-01
- Guidelines for Services to Individuals with an Impairment of Substance Abuse/Dependence - (121 KB pdf) - NDVR TAG 13-01
- Homemaker - (130 KB pdf) NDVR TAG 14-01
- Informed Choice - Updated April, 2001 - (164 KB pdf)
- Training Guidelines - (95 KB pdf) NDVR TAG 13-02
Questions, comments, or requests for additional information can be directed to (800) 755-2745 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PDF files on this page can be viewed by using Adobe Acrobat Reader.