Policies and Plans
Vocational Rehabilitation Policies, Standardized Procedures and Best Practices
As of April 2010
VR Policy Manual, NDAC 75-08-01
Revised November 2002. This has gone through the state's formal rulemaking process and has the force and effect of law.
VR Operational Policies
These are official NDVR Policies that cover areas not specifically addressed in the policy manual or that need further explanation. The first two numbers signify the year in which the policy was written, the last two numbers represent if it was the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. policy written that year. For example, the Awards Policy 02-01 was written in 2002 and was the first (and only) policy that year.
- Client Purchases - (135 KB pdf) - NDVR OP 12-01
- Awards Policy - (91 KB pdf) - OVR/OP/OTH 02-01
- VR Client Access to State Computer System - (13 KB pdf) - OVR/OP/CLS 00-01
- Accommodations, Services & Devices for VR Clients in Educational &Vocational & Training Settings - (27 KB pdf) - OVR/OP/CLS 99-05
- Revolving Loan Fund for Individuals with Self-Employment on IPE (51KB pdf) NDVR OP 13-01
- Self-Employment - (175 KB pdf) - NDVR OP 12-04
- Services to Groups of Individuals - (14 KB pdf) - OVR/OP/OTH 94-05
- Telecommunication Systems for Services to Groups - (12 KB pdf) - OVR/OP/OTH 94-04
- Job Site Accommodation Regarding ADA - (57 KB pdf) - OVR/OP/ADA 94-01
- Maintenance, Transportation and Vehicle Repair - (56 KB pdf) NDVR OP 12-02
VR Standardized Procedures and Payments
This category was initiated in May, 2005 to address areas where standard procedures are needed - and are to be used by all - to aid with statewide consistency.
- Supported Employment Guidelines & Payment Rates - (118 KB pdf) - NDVR SP 07-01
- Job Development and Placement Services Guidelines and Payment Rates (276 KB pdf) NDVR SP 12-02
- Instructions for Calculating Financial Aid Contribution from DVR (288 KB pdf) NDVR SP 12-01R
- Calculating Financial Aid Contribution Worksheet (101 KB pdf) NDVR SP-01R
- Motor Vehicle Repairs Payment Procedure (86 KB pdf) NDVR SP 13-01
Best practices were created as a result of discussions and recommendations made by NDVR counselors and administrators for the purpose of increasing consistency and efficiency across the state. Best Practices are considered guidelines that are integral to the vocational and career counseling provided by VR counselors and are useful as discussion points to consider throughout the VR process.
- Guidelines for Services to Individuals with an Impairment of Substance Abuse/Dependence - (110 KB pdf) - NDVR BP 13-01
- Informed Choice - (163 KB pdf) - Updated April, 2001 - Originally created in 1998 by a workgroup consisting of counselors, regional and state administrators and CAP as a result of streamlining recommendations.
Questions, comments, or requests for additional information can be directed to (800) 755-2745 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PDF files on this page can be viewed by using Adobe Acrobat Reader.