Order of Selection
ND DVR implemented an Order of Selection on March 16, 2012
While the North Dakota Division of Vocational Rehabilitation is experiencing level federal funding, our program costs have risen especially in educational and training expenses. This affects our ability to provide vocational rehabilitation services to all the individuals who are eligible for our vocational rehabilitation program.
When this situation occurs within a State/Federal rehabilitation agency such as ours, we are required by regulation to implement an Order of Selection which designates the order in which eligible individuals are to be provided services.
Eligible individuals will be placed into one of the three following categories that will define the order in which they receive services. Those who are currently on an Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE) will not be put on a wait list. However, revisions to VR policies and practices may affect the level of VR financial participation.
PRIORITY CATEGORY I –Individuals with the most significant disabilities
- Meet the criteria for significant disability as listed in Priority Category II, but are limited in two or more functional capacities that affect an employment outcome; and
- Require various core services over a six month period or more.
PRIORITY CATEGORY II –Individuals with significant disabilities
- Receive Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income; or
- Have a significant physical or mental impairment that seriously limits one functional capacity; or
- May need vocational rehabilitation services over a six month period; or
- Have one or more physical or mental disabilities resulting from: amputation, arthritis, autism, blindness, burn injury, cancer, cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, deafness, head injury, heart disease, hemiplegia, hemophilia, respiratory or pulmonary dysfunction, mental retardation, mental illness, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, musculoskeletal disorder, neurological disorders (including stroke and epilepsy), paraplegia, quadriplegia and other spinal cord conditions, sickle cell anemia, specific learning disability, and end-stage renal disease, or other disabilities.
PRIORITY CATEGORY III – Other individuals with disabilities
The VR program is informing each person applying for services about the Order of Selection process. Once an individual qualifies for vocational rehabilitation services, they are placed on the wait list.
The program is reviewing projected costs and funding on a monthly basis to decide if vocational rehabilitation services can be offered to more qualifying individuals.
Individuals who applied for VR services first – receive services first based on their eligibility category.The VR program continues to provide information and refer clients to appropriate services provided by partner agencies.
ND DVR Order of Selection Information
- Notice to Potential Applicants (172 kb pdf)
- ND DVR OOS Basic Fact Sheet(169 kb pdf)
- OOS Flowchart (170 kb pdf)
- OOS Community Rehab Provider Info Guide (431 kb pdf)
- OOS Transition Info Guide (445 kb pdf)