Services to Individuals
DVR Services Videos
Eligibility for Services
DVR assists individuals with disabilities to achieve competitive employment and increased independence through rehabilitation services. We provide training and employment services to eligible individuals with physical or mental impairments so they can become and remain employed. Services that result in competitive employment are either provided or purchased.
Services include (but are NOT limited to)
- Diagnosis and evaluation
- Vocational counseling and planning
- Information and referral
- Adaptive equipment
- Physical and mental restoration services
- Employment maintenance
- Vocational training including supported employment
- Job placement and follow-up
Eligibility for individuals who want to obtain or maintain employment is based on the following:
- The individual must have a physical or mental impairment
- The physical or mental impairment must affect the individual's ability to obtain or maintain employment
- The individual must require Vocational Rehabilitation services
DVR has a responsibility to serve anyone who is eligible and living in the state.
We coordinate with the North Dakota Tribal 121 Vocational Rehabilitation Projects to serve American Indians with disabilities. American Indians can choose to receive services from state and/or tribal Vocational Rehabilitation programs.
Cost of services
Many services are provided at no cost to the eligible individual. However, some services are subject to a sliding fee scale based on income.