Calendar of Events
The Department of Emergency Services is hosting a 3 day Emergency Planning Course. This course is designed for emergency management personnel who are involved in developing an effective emergency planning system. This course offers training on
• How recent disasters have changed the way governments at all levels should plan.
• How the Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101 helps State, local, and tribal governments determine and structure their planning requirements.
• How CPG 201 helps the Whole Community look at Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment, which forms the foundation of all emergency planning
• Relating emergency planning to National Incident Management System (NIMS) compliance and integration.
• Associating planning principles and concepts to the overall planning process.
• Identifying how the steps in the planning process can improve both deliberate and crisis action planning.
• Implementing the planning process model for future planning efforts.
• Determining which Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) format is best suited to their jurisdictions.
An online pre-test will be a prerequisite for this training. Successful applicants will be provided instructions on how to complete this requirement upon acceptance.
Sean Johnson, ND DES Chief Planner is the instructor for this course.
The course will be conducted September 30 - October 2, 2014, in Bismarck at the Comfort Inn. The classes will be held from 8:00 to 5:00 each day. NDDES will reimburse qualified applicants for their lodging and meals at the authorized state rates. A block of rooms have been set aside for the course under the title of Emergency Planning. The rooms need to be reserved before September 14, 2014.
This course is POST Board approved.
Questions may be directed to Brenda Vossler, Training and Exercise Officer, ND Department of Emergency Services.
This site updated as of 10/25/2014.
Copyright ©2014 ND Department of Emergency Services