Who Receives/Provides Technical Assistance?
Who May Receive TA?
- Agency members
- School staff
- Daycare Staff
Who Provides TA?
The Outreach staff from NDSD and NDVS/SB who have specific skills in Deaf-Blindness, communication, audiology, sign language, orientation and mobility, cognitive development, early childhood, and several other areas provide technical assistance.
Where is TA Provided?
Technical Assistance is provided throughout the state of North Dakota in the child’s home, early intervention agency, daycare, or school. The location is based on the request.
What TA Activities Are Offered?
- Workshops and conferences
- Consultations to families and programs in the home, at school, or by the telephone
- Information dissemination of the newsletter, the D-B Informer, and up-to-date books and videotapes on research-based practices
- Information and referral on census related questions and general Deaf-Blind questions
- Compilation of the ND Deaf-Blind Census
- Collaboration with schools, human service agencies, and organizations to improve services and support to families of children with Deaf-Blindness
- ND Dual Sensory Project Brochure (92kb pdf)