What is Technical Assistance?
- Is a communication and problem solving process
- Expands family and service provider care
- Engages in collaborative planning
- Enables knowledge to be shared
- Is individualized
Who is Eligible for Technical Assistance?
Children and young adults (birth through 21 years of age) who
- Have a documented hearing and vision loss or
- Are highly suspect of having a Dual Sensory impairment and
- Are on the Deaf-Blind census
How are Referrals Made?
Referrals are made by contacting one of the following:
- ND Dual Sensory Project (NDDSP)
- ND School for the Deaf
- ND Vision Services/School for the Blind
Who Can Refer?
- Parents and family members
- Educational personnel
- Service providers from agencies
- ND Dual Sensory Project Brochure (92kb pdf)