The National Equity Standards
6. Curricula and personnel are evaluated to ensure that issues of equity and diversity are consistently addressed
- Equitable teaching strategies are included in teacher and administrator evaluation and accountability.
- Teacher-student interaction patterns are studied to promote equitable involvement with every student.
- Curriculum materials appeal to and are relevant to the interests and needs of a diverse student audience (i.e., students see an accurate and consistent reflection of themselves including gender, race, abilities in the materials they study); if not, supplemental materials are consistently utilized or materials are developed.
- A process is in place to regularly screen curricula and instructional materials, including computer software, for potential bias and stereotyping.
- Inclusive language is used in the classroom and in curricular and learning materials including computer software.