The National Equity Standards
5. Fair and impartial assessment practices are incorporated into classrooms and testing programs
- Educational progress and/or student achievement is based on multiple forms of assessments that include authentic assessments such as performance-based or portfolio assessments.
- Assessment strategies are sensitive to how students learn (e.g., written, verbal, kinesthetic, and/or visual) and are administered in a manner that permits individual students to demonstrate mastery of content.
- Assessment strategies are subject to continuous review and improvement.
- Accommodations in assessments are made and are based on the students' need.
- Accommodations do not give the student an advantage over other students and do not change the nature of what is being tested.
- All students are provided with alternatives for earning credit through challenge exams and performance tests.