The National Equity Standards
4. Fair and impartial teaching practices are incorporated into classrooms to facilitate the academic achievement of all students
- Teachers positively reinforce the abilities and interests of all students when interacting with students, parents, or school personnel.
- Teachers hold high expectations and standards for all students.
- Teaching strategies and methods address the learning styles of each student.
- Teacher interactions are structured to provide maximum interaction with every student.
- All classroom procedures and patterns, including seating, lines, activity areas, academic, and athletic groups are gender, ability and race inclusive.
- Students are taught to understand and value diversity through both the formal and informal curriculum.
- Heterogeneous grouping is predominately used to promote social understanding and enhance opportunities for success in a wide variety of social settings.
- Alternatives to tracking are explored especially where data indicates that tracking leads to lower achievement and aspirations for students.
- Inclusive language is modeled in teaching.