Diversified Occupations Teacher Qualifications
A person seeking certification in Diversified Occupations must meet the following qualifications:
- Teaching License - Instructors must hold a valid North Dakota Educator's Professional License which includes a Trade and Industry Teaching License.
- Career and Technical Education Certificate - Instructors must have one of the below:
- Be vocationally certified in at least one career-technical service area as accepted by the State Board for Career and Technical Education.
- Have earned a Master of Science degree in Career and Technical Education.
- Coordinating Techniques/Cooperative Education - Instructors must have one of the below:
- Instructor must have completed a collegiate course in the area of coordinating techniques/cooperative education supervision in order to receive a regular career certificate in Diversified Occupations.
- A provisional career certificate in Diversified Occupations is available. The provisional certification is good for only one year until the course requirement (coordinating techniques/cooperative education supervision) is met.