Marketing Education Teacher Licensing Requirements
Instructors must hold a valid North Dakota Educator's Professional License in Career Marketing Education.
Instructors must hold a Bachelor of Science degree with a major, minor, or minor equivalency in Career Marketing Education.
Instructors must complete four separate courses in the nature of:
- Philosophy of Career Education
- Coordinating Techniques (Supervision of Cooperative Education)
- Methods and Materials for Marketing Education
- Professional Training Techniques or
Organization and Administration of Marketing Education or
Curriculum Development in Marketing Education
Instructors must have completed 2,000 hours of applicable work experience. Work experience must be business related in the area of marketing, management, or sales. (2000 hours is 40 hours per week for 50 weeks)
A completed application for a Career Marketing Education Teaching License must be submitted along with college transcripts.
Dependent upon college courses taken and work experience, applicants may possibly be granted provisional certification (ME:16 Level) by meeting the minimum requirements for the Minor Equivalency Endorsement in Career Marketing Education. This endorsement can only be added to an existing North Dakota Educator's Professional License.
Minimum requirements to receive a Minor Equivalency Endorsement in Career Marketing Education (ME:16 Level):
16 semester hours in any of the following areas:
- Professional Training Techniques
- Philosophy of Career and Technical Education
- Methods of Teaching Career Marketing Education
- Coordinating Techniques/Cooperative Education Supervision
with 6 semester hours in:
- Sales or Advertising