Career Development Program Objectives
Career Development services are designed to provide individuals with career awareness, self development, and career decision making skills.
- To help individuals cope with continued changes in the world of work.
- To help individuals develop a realistic attitude toward the dignity of all work and workers.
- To help individuals understand their unique abilities, interests, and aptitudes.
- To help individuals develop a realistic understanding of themselves in regard to decision making and career alternatives.
- To provide up-to-date occupational information and other labor market data.
- To provide the opportunity for individuals to become acquainted with a wide range of occupational and educational opportunities.
- To provide information about the world of work that will assist individuals in making long-range educational and career plans.
- To assist individuals in making appropriate educational and occupational choices.
- To provide appropriate follow up information.