Professional Development Conference
Director's Award of Excellence Application
Applications Due April 30, 2013
This Award is an acknowledgement of superior career and technical education programs in North Dakota. Nominations may be from secondary, postsecondary or continued education levels that have been operational for at least two years and the program must be cost effective in comparison to programs of similar scope. A previous award winner is not eligible to win again until five years have elapsed.The following criteria will be used in identifying the winners:
1. The program must demonstrate an innovative quality or technique in meeting the needs of advancing technology and have received local, regional and/or state recognition or publicity.
2. There must be an established local Advisory Committee that is active and functioning.
3. The program should be accessible to all individuals regardless of race, sex, age, culture, disability, religion or ethnic origin and must demonstrate evidence of nontraditional student enrollment.
4. Where appropriate, the program must demonstrate evidence of student leadership organization activities as being an integral part of the program.
5. All programs shall be in compliance with the Office of Civil Rights Standards (Titles VI, IX, III, and Section 504).
6. No more than 4 photographs can accompany application. Photos must pertain to the accomplishments of the program. Please include descriptions. A photo release form must be included for all people featured in the photographs - Photo Release Form.
7. Application cannot be more than 6 pages in length.
8. Previously submitted applications that did not win the award may be revised and re-submitted the next year.
9. One award will be given per service area.