Professional Development Conference
Director's Award of Excellence Application
Closed for Applications (April 30, 2016)
This Award is an acknowledgement of superior career and technical education programs in North Dakota. Nominations may be from secondary, postsecondary or continued education levels that have been operational for at least two years and the program must be cost effective in comparison to programs of similar scope. A previous award winner is not eligible to win again until five years have elapsed.The following criteria will be used in identifying the winners:
1. Describe why the program is outstanding and why it should be considered for this award.
2. Overview of school/institution.
3. Program's objectives and purpose.
4. Examples of program's commitment to nontraditional students.
5. Describe "hands-on" experiences available from program. List any unique instructional equipment/facilities/materials used.
6. If a Career and Technical Student Organization is available in the service area, how is it an integral part of your program.
7. How is the local AdvisoryCommittee involved with the program.
8. Describe the program's Occupational Experience opportunities.
9. Examples of feedback from students, parents and employers regarding the program.
It is suggested that answers to the above questions be prepared in advance in a word processing program and pasted into the submission form. Additional questions regarding the program, instructors, schools and contact information will also need to be completed.
- All programs shall be in compliance with the Office of Civil Rights Standards (Titles VI, IX, III, and Section 504).
- Four photographs must accompany application. Photos must pertain to the accomplishments of the program. Please include descriptions. A photo release form must be included for all people featured in the photographs.
- Previously submitted applications that did not win the award may be revised and re-submitted the next year.
- One award will be given per service area.