RUReady.ND.gov Frequently Asked Questions
RUReady.ND.gov is a career information delivery system provided to all students in grades 6-12 in North Dakota. Students in grades K-5 can explore careers using Paws in Jobland.
These Quick Reference Guides (QRGs) will help:
Creating and Accessing Accounts:
- How to Get Started with RUReady.ND.gov - Public School Students (pdf)
- Public school students in North Dakota already have accounts created in RUReady.ND.gov. Students will follow the instructions in this QRG to access all of the planning features and their own personal portfolio. Students should not create new accounts.
- How to Get Started with RUReady.ND.gov - Private/Tribal/Other School Students (pdf)
- Students will follow the instructions in this QRG to create an account and access all of the planning features and their own personal portfolio.
- How to Create or Access an RUReady.ND.gov Professional Account (pdf)
- Track student work and communicate with students with an RUReady.ND.gov Professional Account.
- How to Get Started with RUReady.ND.gov for Adults (pdf)
- RUReadyND.com can help any adult who is looking for a new job, planning to go to school or updating their resume. Use this QRG to create an account to access all tools and save your work.
- How to Get Started with RUReady.ND.gov for Parents (pdf)
- Parents can create their own account in RUReadyND.com! Use this QRG to create an account to access all tools and save your work.
Plans of Study
- Create a Plan of Study with RUReady.ND.gov (pdf)
- Create your individual career and academic course plan in RUReadyND.com.
- Enhanced Focus Career Cluster Portfolio Activity
- The Focus Career Cluster portfolio activity has been enhanced to improve the usability of the activity through additional adaptive behavior, an improved visual design, and an easier-to-use reflection section.
- How to Take the Interest Profiler
- The Interest Profiler is an assessment tool which helps individuals identify their work-related interests, gain self-knowledge about their vocational personality type, and develop career awareness of matching occupations.
- What is RUReady.ND.gov?
- This one page handout provides a overview of RUReady.ND.gov and the features of the program.
- 101 Ways to Use RUReady.ND.gov in the Classroom (pdf)
- A - Z for RUReady.ND.gov (pdf)
What do we do when students forget their passwords or account names?
- Students can reset their own passwords or retrieve their account names by following the "Forgot your account name or password?" link on the sign in screen at RUReady.ND.gov and providing their name, account name and/or e-mail address as indicated. Students can also request that their password be reset by clicking on the "Request your password be reset by your counselor or advisor" link. If you have multiple professional/administrator accounts at your school, students will be able to select from a drop down list whom they send the request to.
- Professional level users can reset student passwords in the RUReady.ND.gov Professional Center.
- Log in to the RUReady.ND.gov Professional Center https://procenter.ruready.nd.gov.
- On the Students & Groups tab, search for the student
- Select the student to bring up their Student Portfolio
- On the right side of the screen, click on “View account name or reset password”
- Reset the student password and let the student know what their temporary password is.
- The student will be prompted to change their password upon their first login after you have reset it. This is a security measure ensuring that no one other than the student has their account password.
- Passwords must be a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 12 letters/numbers or a combination of both. No spaces or special characters are allowed.
I have a student whose name (or date of birth) is wrong in their RUReady.ND.gov account name. Why and what do I do?
- Student accounts at PUBLIC schools are created through the autoload process based on data that the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) receives for your school through PowerSchool and STARS. If there is an error in the name or birthdate associated with the RUReady.ND.gov account name, it originates at the school level in PowerSchool and STARS.
- Check what the name and/or birthdate are in both PowerSchool and STARS and make the correction(s). Please note that STARS must be updated manually (changes made to names and dates of birth in PowerSchool do not automatically update STARS.) Once the corrections are made, the change will be reflected in RUReady.ND.gov within 2 to 3 working days.
Are there any terms and acronyms I should be familiar with?
- Yes, and there is a Glossary to help.
Is student information in RUReady.ND.gov confidential?
- Yes, please review the information in the Confidentiality and RUReadyND.com document for more information.
I'm using Safari and I can't get to the student side/shadow account from the Professional Center. What do I need to do?
- The first thing to do is check if you are blocking pop-ups. The student side "shadow" account opens in a new pop-up window. Instructions for unblocking pop-ups in Safari.
Why does my school not appear in the dropdown menu when students are creating a new account?
- Public schools do not appear in the dropdown menu because students at public schools do not need to create a new account, the accounts have already been created for them through the autoload process. Students just need to access their account using the instructions in the Quick Reference Guide How to Get Started with RUReady.ND.gov - Public School Students. If students have trouble signing in to their account, one of the first things to check is that they are carefully keying in the password as specified in the QRG. Also, students need to use their name as it appears in PowerSchool, e.g., "Johnathon" maybe attempting to sign in using "John" as a first name and if the PowerSchool file has "Johnathon", they will not be able to sign in. If students have trouble accessing their autloaded RUReady.ND.gov account, please contact XAP at 1-800-281-1168 or the Career Resource Network at 701-328-9733.
- Private schools, tribal/BIA schools, and state institutions are not included in the autoload process, and these schools will appear in the dropdown menu.