How To Build A Business - Sources of Assistance
North Dakota Department of Commerce
The North Dakota Department of Commerce provides a number of services to assist businesses with their start-up, expansion, retention and relocation needs.
- Business Development
- The Economic Development & Finance Division assists primary-sector businesses in achieving their start-up, expansion and recruitment goals.
- Center for Technology & Business
- The Center certifies women-owned businesses and provides training to individuals interested in learning how to use a computer. Call (701) 223-0707 for assistance.
- International Trade
- The North Dakota Trade Office's mission is to expand export-related businesses in the state through advocacy, education, expertise and incentives. Call (701) 319-2275 for assistance.
- Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- The Dakota MEP is the region's resource for providing assistance to companies committed to becoming more competitive, productive and profitable. Call (701) 328-5378 for assistance.
- Workforce Development
- The Workforce Development Division provides support to a number of mandated boards and commissions and is responsible for the development of a public and private partnership for the recruitment of workers. Call (701) 328-7266 for assistance.