How To Build A Business - Sources of Assistance
North Dakota Department of Commerce
The North Dakota Department of Commerce provides a number of services to assist businesses with their start-up, expansion, retention and relocation needs.
- Business Development
- The Economic Development & Finance Division employs business development professionals to assist primary-sector businesses in accessing state and federal programs and services to support their start-up, expansion and recruitment projects. Call (701) 328-5300 for assistance.
- Center for Technology & Business
- CTB operates the North Dakota Women's Business Center and the IDEA Center business incubator. Statewide services to emerging and experienced entrepreneurs include no cost and confidential 1-on-1 business advising sessions, innovative and in-demand training opportunities, shared business services, and hands on technical support. Call (701) 223-0707 for assistance.
- International Trade
- The North Dakota Trade Office is a membership-based, public/private partnership that contracts with the North Dakota Department of Commerce to provide education, research, advocacy, organization, and leadership so that NDTO members and North Dakota companies can increase exports and grow their international business. Call (701) 231-1150 for assistance.
- Impact Dakota
- Impact Dakota works with companies of all shapes and sizes to help them find the right solutions for problems they are facing. Their staff includes experts in the manufacturing industry, having years of hands-on experience at all levels of an organization. In addition, they have access to over 1,200 industry experts through the Manufacturing Extension Partnership Network across the country. They will work with you to analyze the underlying issues, design your solution, assist in the implementation, measure your success and provide ongoing support to sustain your results. Impact Dakota's mission is to positively impact business results of manufacturers and other industries. To learn more, call 701-204-7000, email, email@example.com or visit.
- North Dakota Indian Business Alliance (NDIBA)
- NDIBA enhances economic self-reliance and sustainability for new and existing Native American Owned Businesses by providing assistance, resources, and networking for both on and off reservations. It also maintains a directory of Native American-owned businesses.
- Workforce Development Division
- Access to skilled labor is needed to support business startup, retention, expansion and recruitment. The Workforce Development Division partners with other state agencies and public sector industry to deliver specialized programs and services to assist in enhancing the state's workforce. To learn more about state and federally funded workforce development programs operating in the North Dakota, see http://www.workforce.nd.gov/uploads/8/StatewideWFDevelopmentPrograms.pdf.