- North Dakota Artist’s Works Exhibited in Offices of the Governor and First Lady
- NDCA Announces New Executive Director, Dr. Beth Gigante Klingenstein, effective July 7, 2014!
- NDCA Announces Individual Artist Fellowship Recipients
- The North Dakota Council on the Arts, the North Dakota Art Gallery Association, and Starion Financial are sponsoring “Under the Dakota Sky: An Exhibition Celebrating 125 Years of Statehood”. This exhibition, featured in the Missouri River Events Center at the ND Heritage Center, will open during the signature event on the Capitol Mall on August 16 and close on October 23, 2014. Over 50 North Dakota artists will be represented in the exhibition and include traditional arts, photography, sculptures, paintings, and pottery. For more information visit http://history.nd.gov/northdakota125.html.
- BLOCH: a global art project comes to North America, and is scheduled to appear at the Downtown Fargo Street Fair (July 17-19), Napoleon and the Nokota Horse Conservancy in Linton (July 25), Taylor Horsefest (July 26), Fort Totten Days, Spirit Lake Indian Reservation (July 27), Rugby (July 28), Turtle Mountain Indian Reservation (July 29-31), and the Hjemkmost Center in Fargo/Moorhead (August 3).
- New Rolling Deadline Announced for NDCA’s Teacher Incentive Grant. Beginning July 1, 2014, NDCA will be accepting applications for the Teacher Incentive grant year round. Applications must be received 4 weeks prior to the project start date. Applications will be reviewed by a panel and will take 2 -3 weeks to process. If you would like to have your application reviewed for feedback, a Draft Review will be available, but must be submitted 6 weeks prior to project start dates. For questions on the Teacher Incentive grant, visit www.nd.gov/arts/grants/TIguidelines.html; or contact the Arts in Education Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (701) 328-7593.
- NEA to Award more than $74 Million to U.S. Nonprofits, North Dakota Recipients to receive $712,700
- NDCA Announces the Winners of the 2014 Poetry Out Loud State Finals
- Sundogs and Sunflowers: Folklore and Folk Art of the Northern Great Plains public radio series and CD premiered Thanksgiving Day
- Find your way to the arts in North Dakota at www.myNDarts.com, which has replaced CulturePulse. myNDarts.com is now North Dakota's most comprehensive cultural calendar covering all of the regions in the state. The ultimate goal is to increase participation and strengthen the arts and culture ecosystem throughout the state.
- New NDCA Arts in Education site available; and New ND POL site also launched!
- Sundogs and Sunflowers: Folklore and Folk Art of the Northern Great Plains Receives National Recognition!
- Check out NDCA's Groundbreaking Compilation 30 Years in the Making! Sundogs and Sunflowers: Folklore and Folk Art of the Northern Great Plain
~ How has the North Dakota Council on the Arts benefited you and/or your community? We would love to know! Send your comments to email@example.com.
*Join our email distribution list! By joining, you will receive NDCA's monthly e-newsletter and occasional press releases.
For the latest updates, news and information, follow us on Facebook ~ become a Fan of the North Dakota Council on the Arts!
Follow NDCA on Twitter!
Watch NDCA's video's uploaded to YouTube!
Arts North Dakota (AND) is a private, non-profit advocacy organization whose mission is simply to advance the arts in North Dakota. AND would like to build a strong group of partners and supporters that we can continually inform about the arts. To learn more visit www.nd.gov/arts/images/ArtsNorthDakotaLetter.pdf.
Site Updated July 23, 2014