Resources and Arts-Related Links
North Dakota Organizations
- Arts North Dakota (AND) is a private, non-profit advocacy organization whose mission is simply to advance the arts in North Dakota
- ArtWise, arts service organization working to promote art opportunities and art education in the Grand Forks area.
- Bismarck Art and Galleries Association, art gallery serving the Bismarck-Mandan area.
- Bismarck Downtown Artist Co-op, art gallery in downtown Bismarck.
- Bismarck-Mandan Symphony, symphony orchestra serving central and western North Dakota.
- Cando Arts Council/Gallery, arts council in Cando.
- Central Dakota Children's Choir, choir consists of children grades 3-9.
- Dakota Artists Art and Craft Gallery, features artists from the Dakotas.
- Dakota Stage, Ltd, community theatre serving the Bismarck-Mandan area.
- Dakota West Arts Council, Bismarck-Mandan area arts organization.
- Fargo Theatre Management Corporation, manages the Fargo Theatre, which shows films and live performances and houses the Fargo Film Festival.
- Fargo-Moorhead Community Theatre, community theatre serving the Fargo-Moorhead area since 1946.
- Fargo-Moorhead Symphony, symphony orchestra serving the Fargo-Moorhead region.
- Fargo-Moorhead Opera, opera company serving the Fargo-Moorhead region.
- Fargo-Moorhead Youth Choir, a nonprofit community choir for youth in Fargo-Moorhead and surrounding communities.
- Greater Grand Forks Symphony Orchestra, symphony orchestra serving Grand Forks area.
- Impact Art Gallery and Gifts, art gallery and gift shop serving the Bismarck-Mandan area.
- International Music Camp Summer School of Fine Arts, summer camp in the International Peace Garden studying music as well as dance, creative writing, painting, drawing, etc.
- James Memorial Art Center, arts center in Williston.
- Kala-Anjali India Culture Center, exists to promote multicultural awareness.
- Missouri Valley Chamber Orchestra. This group is composed of musicians from Bismarck, Mandan and the surrounding communities.
- Minot Area Council of the Arts, arts organization.
- Minot Area Theatrical Society, community theatre.
- Mouse River Players Community Theatre, community theatre in Minot.
- North Dakota Art Gallery Association provides professional training opportunities, and coordinates information and services.
- North Dakota Association of Nonprofit Organizations, a membership association serving not-for-profit organizations.
- North Dakota Horizons, quarterly magazine about North Dakota.
- North Dakota Museum of Art, official museum of the state of North Dakota, located in Grand Forks.
- North Valley Arts Council, local arts council for Grand Forks and surrounding communities.
- Northern Lights Art Gallery, located on the campus of Mayville State University, has been in existence for 10 years.
- Northern Lights Arts Council, serving Langdon and Cavalier County.
- Northern Plains Dance, ballet and dance school the Bismarck-Mandan area.
- Northwest Art Center, two art galleries on the campus of Minot State University.
- Plains Art Museum, art gallery serving the Fargo-Moorhead region.
- Prairie Public Broadcasting, broadcaster of public television and radio services throughout the prairie region.
- Sleepy Hollow Theatre & Arts Park, summer theatre serving Bismarck-Mandan.
- Summer Performing Arts Company, an eight-week summer arts program available for students in the elementary, middle, and high schools in Grand Forks and surrounding communities.
- The Arts Center, (Jamestown Fine Arts Association), Jamestown area arts organization.
- The Arts Partnership, Fargo-Moorhead area arts organization.
- THEO Art School, partnered with the Bismarck Art and Galleries Association, serves school-age students in the Bismarck-Mandan area.
- Trollwood Performing Arts School, a program of the Fargo Public Schools and accredited through the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction.
- Valley City State University Community School of the Arts, offers arts programs to the citizens of Valley City and surrounding communities.
- VSA arts of North Dakota strives to create and maintain a community where people with disabilities can learn through, participate in, and have access to the arts. Recognizing that every individual has a creative voice that needs to be both expressed and heard, VSA arts of North Dakota provides, promotes, and furthers arts centered activities in inclusive settings so people with and without disabilities can experience the arts together.
**Need help with your program evaluations? Getting Started with Program Evaluation: A Guide for Arts Organizations is a valuable resource for any organization funded through a state or federal grant. This information will help you understand, and assist you in your program evaluations.
This document was produced by, and is courtesy of, the Georgia Council for the Arts (GCA) and the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies (NASAA).